A subcommittee of the CNC Backbone Engineering Group (BEG), the CalREN-2 Implementation Group (C2IG) was formed in 1997 to plan the on-campus network connecting UCSB research groups to the California Research and Education Network (CalREN-2). Its membership was drawn from IT and network specialists on the faculty and staff.
C2IG Final Backbone Design
A draft of the C2IG's Final Backbone Design was posted online in March 1999.
C2IG Meeting Minutes
- 12/03/1997 Caltrans
- 11/20/1997 Caltrans, RFI Responses
- 10/23/1997 BEG Feedback, Equipment Prices
- 10/15/1997 ATM QoS, Campus Fiber Plant
- 10/09/1997 ATM RFI Responses, QoS, Campus Fiber Plant, FSB
- 10/01/1997 Status Report to CNC
- 09/25/1997 ATM RFI Responses, End-to-End QoS Concerns
- 09/11/1997 ATM RFI
- 08/28/1997 ATM for Backbone Technology
- 08/14/1997 ATM Features, Standards & Requirements
- 08/01/1997 MPOA, MPLS, and Tag-Switching, ATM & ATM Product Research
- 07/25/1997 Research Group Requirements
- 07/18/1997 Intro to C2IG, CENIC, CalREN-2, Research Group Projects
Questions and Answers
Vendors were sent a questionnaire; here is a summary (PDF) of their responses.
A query was also sent to the CENIC-TPG mailing list. The group received responses from the following:
Draft Working Documents